People networking.People networking.

Community Grants

People networking.
A group of people talkingA group of people talking

Community Grants

A group of people talking

Community Grants logos

The Community Grants programme offers Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise (VCSE) organisations grant funding from £10,000 to £20,000 to deliver local projects that make a difference within local communities in the South East Midlands.

The programme is funded by the European Social Fund (ESF) and the Education Skills Funding Agency (ESFA). Unlike many other grant funding schemes, Community Grants do not require ‘match’ funding so grants can cover 100% of the project cost.

SEMLEP manages the Community Grants programme. Voluntary Impact Northamptonshire provide dedicated and free support to help local organisations understand and complete the application process. The final round of applications for the programme have now closed. 

*The Community Grants programme will not be affected by the EU Exit timetable.

Case Studies

The Community Grants programme funds projects that support individuals who are currently unemployed or economically inactive to take up training or get back into work.

Projects should support people to develop confidence, self-esteem, enhance employability skills and transferable life skills. The programme is keen to receive applications from organisations that can create bespoke ways to engage with people from the hardest to reach communities. 

Possible projects include those that:

  • provide training, advice or counselling to support a job search
  • assist with financial numeracy and literacy
  • build digital literacy skills and increase confidence
  • provide work experience opportunities with a clear path back into employment

For the final round, the programme is particularly looking for projects that can support those who have recently been made redundant, particularly those that are 50+. Projects should be delivered safely in the current climate. 

It’s anticipated that each project will support around 15 to 20 individuals.

Grants will be paid in up to four instalments, 25% will be paid upon the signature of the contract. Then, the remaining 75% will be paid in up to three instalments, in line with project performance monitoring. Each project should run for a maximum of 12 months.

If you are successful in your application, it is crucial that your organisation is ready to implement and manage the project.

Priority will be given to projects that work with people who live in areas with higher levels of deprivation.  

Applications are encouraged to support these target groups:

  • People with disabilities, health conditions & neurodivergent traits
  • Households on a single income with dependent children
  • Individuals who are homeless or in temporary accommodation
  • People aged 50 or over
  • People from ethnic minority groups
  • Ex-Offenders [not receiving HMPPS support]
  • Women returning to work e.g. from maternity leave, a long period as a carer or parent or women whose circumstances have changed

Sign Up For Our Newsletter

*Please read our Privacy Policy

Your login details have been used by another user or machine. Login details can only be used once at any one time so you have therefore automatically been logged out. Please contact your sites administrator if you believe this other user or machine has unauthorised access.